9 Fun Facts about Cruise Lines:
1. An average cruise ship could have six huge diesel engines producing one hundred four horse powers and guzzling three thousand gallons of fuel per hour.
2. Cruise ships on modern design can actually cost about six hundred sixty million dollars.
3. There are nine brand new ships that entered service around the North America coast line every year.
4. A modern luxury cruise vessel is able to be built, fitted out and tested in one-and-a half years though it usually takes about three years.
5. On the average, there are one hundred five thousand meals are prepared every single week onboard a cruise ship. The meals include twenty thousand pounds of beef, twelve thousand pounds of chicken and twenty eight thousands of eggs.
6. There are about one thousand crew members on board the average ships to cater to passengers every need. These people are experts from engineers to waiter to navigators.
7. A modern cruise liner are able to hold three thousand passengers aboard in an absolute luxury.
8. Caribbean is the most popular cruising destination in the world with almost every cruise line operator.
9. The cruise line industry produces two thousand five hundred fifty five gallons of gray water and thirty thousand gallons of black water every single day. Gray waters are wastes from sinks, showers and bath while black waters is what you flush down the toilets.